These delicious little chocolatey fudge bites of energy will curb any craving for sweetness, and you don’t have to feel guilty afterwards! They are high in fiber, plant protein, and antioxidants. Rich in magnesium and vitamin A, making them nutritiously scrumptious, and healthy little treats.
- 1 cup of sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut, almond or walnut butter
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Boil 1 cup sweet potato on stovetop until tender (about 10 minutes), strain, mash, and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda and raw cacao powder into a medium sized bowl. Add salt and mix well.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a small saucepan, turn off heat. Place cacao butter into a small glass or stainless steel bowl, and place bowl into saucepan allowing butter to melt.
- In a food processor place sifted dry ingredients, add sweet potato, coconut sugar, nut butter, and pulse until well mixed.
- Once cacao butter is melted, add maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl, and mix well. Add this to the food processor and pulse until mixed well. Finally stir chocolate chips into the mixture, and spoon mixture into a lined 8 inch baking pan, and bake for 20 minutes. Allow brownies to cool before slicing into 24 two-bite pieces.